No one can deny the fact that television play a huge role in one’s daily life. Television influences us and our children’s mind in both good and bad ways. Yet there is absolutely no way we can restrain ourselves from watching it. Therefore today, celebrities sit on one of the most powerful positions in the world. Here are the 10 most powerful celebrities of the world-
10. Madonna- the pop artist who has influenced many young men and women to sing is sitting at number 10.
9. Johnny Depp– The tattoo lover is an actor, screenwriter and director who has stared in two films so far that have made a profit of 1 billion, making him one of the most powerful celebrities.
8. Sandra Bullock– with two hit films in a row and an oscar in her hand, Sandra Bullock is not only a powerful celebrity but currently the most highly paid actress.
7. U2- the world’s biggest rock band had a world tour in 2009 that had made 311 million dollars. Each tour brings in 10 million dollars, and with the addition of their income from C.D’s and stage shows, they are the highest earning band in the world.
6. Britney Spears– despite the hard time after her break up with ex husband, Britney Spears managed to get back on the charts of highest selling albums in 2009. This is perhaps what they call, “sweet revenge.”
5. Tiger Woods- Tiger Woods’ fall from global sports icon to tabloid fodder was stunning. However, he remains the highest paid athlete in the world with brands such as nike and electronic arts at his feet for advertising.
4. Lady Gaga– a new comer in the world of fame, she grabbed attention with her outlandish outfits and strange videos. She now earns a whopping 96 million a year.
3. James Cameron– director of the highest grossing film of all time, Avatar, which earned $2.7 billion at the box office alone and has changed the way Hollywood makes films. In the near future almost every studio blockbuster will be released in 3-D. Cameron is already at work on Avatar 2.
2. Beyonce Knowles– continues to expand her empire beyond music. Endorsement deals with companies such as Nintendo and L’Oreal, her growing House of Dereon fashion line bring in millions of dollars per year.
1. Oprah Winfrey– host of the Oprah Winfrey Show, Oprah Winfrey, is the only self made billionaire celebrity in the world. She gets more media attention than any other celebrity in the world and had made spawned the careers of Dr. Phil, Rachel Ray and Dr. Oz.