Tomorrow is the day I turn 18 and I am definitely not where I thought I would be. I’ve had my heart torn out and served on a silver platter, I’ve lost many loved ones, and I’ve seen things I never thought I would. But, I’ve also fallen in love, felt the magic of life, and, most of all, I’ve lived. I’ve lived through many things and experienced many things, so here’s a list of 18 things I have done:
- I learned to love myself no matter what anyone else thinks.
- I learned to drive.
- I got my first car and learned how to drive stick in it.
- I fell in love with cars.
- I registered to vote for November 6th.
- I have scheduled a tattoo appointment.
- I have fallen in love for the first time.
- I have traveled to many different continents.
- I have started applying to colleges.
- I have seen how life doesn’t stop for anyone.
- I learned to not take myself too seriously.
- I have learned life is short and is over in the blink of an eye.
- I have learned that I can have different beliefs than the people who raised me.
- I learned that the person you call your best friend isn’t always the best friend for you.
- I have learned how to stand my ground.
- I have learned some friends come and go.
- I have learned some people are in my life to teach me a lesson and then leave me.
- I discovered who I want to be and what I want to do with my life.
There are many things I have learned and experienced, but my favorite has been falling in love, getting my heart broken, finding myself, and becoming the best version of myself.