I’ve started a new school, which, of course, is a challenging transition. It’s easy in times like these to get caught up in anxiety and needless worry, so I find it helpful to redirect my focus to the positive aspects of my life right now. Whether life-changing or minuscule, there is no shortage of things that I LOVE.
- Old books: The way the weathered pages feel between my fingers, the smell, the inky typeface.
- Pina colada smoothies: I seriously think I would live on these if I could – especially in 100-degree weather.
- Sleeping: There’s something so comforting about getting in bed with the AC on so I can snuggle up between the duvet cover and clean sheets.
- Shooting stars: I saw one the other day and it was magical.
- The sea: The floating, bobbing over waves and swimming with all the fish beneath me.
- Gilmore Girls: I will always aspire to be a Rory Gilmore.
- Sushi: What I would do for a spicy tuna, avocado roll, or a Lemon Flush special from Hakane…
One thought on “Some of my Favorite Things Recently”
I love lists like these. I make them in my head all the time, probably when I should be doing something more important. Or maybe that’s the most important stuff I ever do.